Facing and resolving difficult conversations is challenging. Most of us would prefer to ignore them, but that’s not realistic. The ability to deal with difficult interactions is an important leadership skill. We need to know when and how to address conflict and how to coach our employees through the difficult interactions that they encounter.
- What defines a real conversation?
- How do we typically handle those conversations?
- Dealing with real conversations:
- Spotting the conversations
- Focusing on what I want
- Creating safety for the dialogue
- Staying in the dialogue
- Stating your views and exploring the other’s
- Creating action
- Additional tools to support the process